Subject: Glow and Field rendering
From: Daniel Dugour <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 02:46:30 -0800

The last project I worked on required us to render on a double screen format
(1440x450, two PAL screens next to each other, with a bit clipped off at the
top and bottom). We processed in Photoshop to cut it into two halves to put
in on video, whereby two portions of black were added at the top and bottom
to make each frame 576 pixels high (PAL). This deplaced all the lines an odd
number down, so we had to render with Reverse Fields on.
The problem is that the glow was not rendered in reverse field mode, so it
jitters all over the place on the final video.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a known bug?

We used several pentium systems, from an old P90 to some P166's, running
Windows95 (I know, NT is better, I use it myself), and all the processing
was also done on these PC's. We used a DP4:2:2 to put it on D1.

Greetings,

Daniel Dugour, AniTime 3D Computer Animation
Bilderdijkstraat 181-3a
NL-1053 KR AMSTERDAM
The Netherlands
Phone/Fax: +31-20-6836059
eMail: [email-masked]